Dr. Anitha Prasanna
About the Doctor
Dr. Anitha Prasanna, DMD, BDS is a specialist focusing on sleep apnea, TMJ and snoring treatment. Her background in dentistry and dental surgery allow her to pinpoint the root cause of many underlying breathing and jaw conditions affecting a person’s quality of sleep. Her aim is to bring quali
Dr. Prasanna is a member of the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM), the only non-profit professional association dedicated exclusively to the practice of dental sleep medicine. She helps treat snoring and obstructive sleep apnea with oral appliance therapy, an effective treatment that is covered by most insurance plans.
AADSM membership provides Dr. Prasanna with access to educational resources and practice management tools that help her better serve patients by providing the highest quality of care in the treatment of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea. For more information about AADSM, visit www.aadsm.org.
- 1995 BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery). Bangalore University, INDIA
- 1995- 1996 Residency in General Dentistry
- 2004. DMD (Doctor of Dental Medicine) Nova South Eastern University, Fort Lauderdale Florida
- 2014-2016 General Dentistry Fellowship/ Mastership program. University of Florida. Gainesville Florida
- Sleep Apnea and TMJ Training at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. Boston, Massachusetts.
- Qualified Dentist Designation for Sleep Apnea treatment: by the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM). Dr Prasanna has completed extensive training, and mini residencies in the area of craniofacial/Orofacial Pain/TMJ and Dental approach in treating Obstructive sleep Apnea.
- 1995 -1996 Residency in General Dentistry
- 1996-2001 Associate Dentist- Dr. Cameron & Dr. Lundall, South Africa.
- 2004- 2008 Associate Dentist, New Image Dentistry, Melbourne FL
- 2008- CURRENT: Private Practice In General Dentistry, Titusville Fl
- SleepApnea &TMJ Dental treatment center. Melbourne Fl.
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM)
- American Academy of Craniofacial Pain (AACFP)
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- American Academy of General Dentistry (AGD)
- Florida Dental Association (FDA)
- American academy of facial Esthetics(AAFE)